February 16, 2010
Web Developer (f/m)
with the passion and power to wear different hats
mite, our sleek time tracking tool for teams & freelancers, is growing continuously: today, it’s of daily help to more than 3,700 people from all over the world. Time to 1-up!
Thus, we’re looking for a full- or part-time remote freelancer to support Yolk as of the next possible date. Our office is the web, you can therefore collaborate from wherever you’d like to.
A long-term perspective is not only possible but preferable; If we do fit, we can image you to take a share in the company.
Who is Yolk?
Yolk is a duo located in Hamburg and Berlin/Germany: Sebastian Munz and Julia Soergel. Since 2006, we’ve been constantly improving and reliably maintaining mite together – initially as part of our master thesis, since 2008 as a company thanks to enthused user feedback.
Yolk is ours, 100%. We are free of venture capital and debt. Since the very first months, we’re profitable. Maximizing profit is not the top priority for us, oh no. We love to work independently, enjoyably and fair-minded. We care to help our users by building and maintaining first-class software; software which is well thought-out, pleasing and approachable, from code to GUI to manners & marketing.
We are Macs and have a thing for Klaus Kinski. We’re looking forward to a fresh breeze.
What are we offering?
- A warm welcome to the team!
- Challenging work on a first-class product with good reputation
- Light-weight processes
- Flexible working hours
- No need to relocate – the web is our office, you’ll be working remote
You’ll contribute on an equal footing to day-to-day decisions as well as long-term strategies. On a product level as well as the company’s.
We offer you the time and freedom to deliver great work, to experiment with new technologies, and to challenge yourself with new approaches. You will get paid adequately, that goes without saying. And yes, the job comes with a real perspective.
What will you be working on?
- Maintaining mite and improving it – this will be your main task
- Supporting our customers in German and English
- Administrating our Linux servers
- Prioritizing and designing new features
A hardcore geek who’s exceptional in exactly one niche but not willing to look left or right is not what we’re looking for. Instead, we’re after a smart and curious individual who’s happy to and versatile enough to contribute to every part of the web application.
What technologies and concepts do we use?
- Ruby / Rails
- Rspec / Cucumber
- Web standards
Experience in those areas is a plus; What’s more important is that you are pushing yourself to pick up new technologies and concepts fast.
What professional and personal qualities should you have?
- Dedication to deliver exceptional work
- Good writing skills, German and English
How do I apply?
Please email until March 5th. Include the following:
- Project résumé (context of the projects, your responsibilities and tasks in those projects, links)
- mite, the way you see it: What concepts, features and little details of the app as well as its online appearance do appeal to you? What’s off, rough or badly implemented, and how could and should the three of us improve the service?
If you’d like to include further information: please go right ahead!
Julia in Inside out